Trailer Tyre Fitting Service
DO YOU NEED YOUR TRAILER TYRES REPLACED?
Morris Trailers Aberdeen offer a tyre replacement fitting service
We have a wide selection of trailer tyres available for supply or supply and fit.
ARE YOUR TRAILER TYRES THE RIGHT FIT?
It is essential that trailer owners select the right size tyre with an appropriate load and speed rating. By not doing so could cause your tyres to puncture, blow out or rupture. If you have bought a second-hand trailer please remember to check the age of the tyres. A tyre’s age starts from the time it was manufactured not the time it was fitted.
If you have any concerns that your trailer tyres aren’t the correct size or are too old, you should replace them as soon as possible. Our experienced service technicians can service trailers up to a maximum weight of 3.5 tonnes.
WHEN TO REPLACE YOUR TRAILER TYRES
Below are a few simple tyre checks you can make:
- Check the tyre tread, a tread of 2mm-3mm is recommended. UK law stipulates that a car should have a minimum tread depth of 1.6mm in a continuous band around the central three-quarters of the tyre. The same rule applies to goods vehicles, such as vans, trailers and caravans that don’t exceed 3500kg.
- Check inflation pressure regularly as if your tyres need an inflation pressure of 50psi or more they should replaced after five years.
- Check the tyre valves to make sure they are aligned and undamaged.
- If the tyre has blistered, ruptured or been cut penetrated by an object then you should replace it immediately.
- Thoroughly check both sides of the tyre, including the one facing away from you, for punctures or lodged debris.